1. Restarted Windows
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled Activesync 3.7.1, then 3.7, then 3.6 then 3.5
3. Removed all recently-installed programs
4. Tweaked registry to remove some of the initializations
5. Hard-resetted the PDA. Ouch!
6. Uninstalled USB drivers (to isolate problem)
7. Trying activesync on another laptop, then yet another desktop (had to install activesync on both)
8. Toyed around with Activesync's configuration for both PDA and desktop.
All these took me many hours and ruined whatever good feelings I could possibly contain. Eventually gave up and brought it to Accord during lunch. I was truly appalled when they spent half an hour trying to remedy it and eventually told me to collect my device two days later. Where am I going to find a replacement phone?
I think there is a need to set up a phone rental service.
*takes a deep breath*