Action = Reaction.
Third law of motion, right? Anyway, a year back a friend jio-ed me for the People's Association Kayaking Course, in preparation for the local Adventure Quest which did not take place. With the PA membership, I went on to take up Windsurfing, and now it's the love of my life. Now, after a full cycle, we are preparing ourselves for this year's quest.
2001's Adventure Quest included the following:
1. Kayak from Kallang to Pulau Tekong Kecil – about 30 kilometres.
2. Swim from Pulau Tekong Kecil to Pulau Tekong Besar - 600 metres.
3. Cross-terrain mountain-biking in Pulau Tekong Besar - 40 kilometres.
4. Swim back to Pulau Tekong Kecil - another 600 metres.
5. Kayak to Pulau Ubin - 10 kilometres.
6. A navigational trek in Pulau Ubin - 3 hours.
7. Kayak to Sembawang - 25 kilometres.
8. Run to Orchard Road, looking for checkpoints along the way - 35 kilometres.
9. Race ended at The Heeren with a Jumar Ascend up the building, followed by abseiling down again.
One word: Scary.
Not even sure if I can last half the distance. We've just finished our meeting, with 5 members. We're a team of 3 guys and 2 gals right now, and we're looking for another gal to complete the team. It is pretty tough looking for people who would take part in the training only to become reserves for the actual race. (the actual composition would be a pair of guys and gals).
Nevertheless, individual training starts tomorrow; group training starts the following saturday. I'm still wondering why I'm allowing all this to happen.... must be some masochistic streak in me.